torstai 24. maaliskuuta 2011

Orientation Program!

So a couple of days ago we got an email from the Erasmus office in which they invited us for their Orientation Program. After having been here for over a month I highly doubted that they could say anything new about practical matters that concerns me, but I was actually really interested what on earth they think they can tell us still. Today was the big day and with Merja after out class we headed for the Orientation. Neither of us remembered what room it was supposed to be so we had to ask the receptionist who, surprisingly enough, could answer to our question but he also added that we have to wait for an hour because in that hall where we were supposed to go there was a lecture. Starts good!
We went to the lecture hall and indeed there was a lecture. What was also weird, that there was 1-2 other people around only. Well, we waited and soon the organizers and ESN people started to show up. The actually very nicely apologized from us and told us that there has been a misunderstanding and double-booking so they have to find a new place. In half an hour we were sitting in a new place, all of us: 4 ESN people, 7-8 organizers and 10(!!!) exchange students.
I wonder if they realized why so few people turned up only. Anyways, no new info really. They said some possibly interesting things, but they didn't get into details so no gain from it. But I do know now a lot about the size of the uni, the faculties, its history, statistics about how many incoming and outgoing students they've had in the past years, how many exchange students took Greek courses on what levels (even know the male-female portions!) and we also got a leaflet about the Greek courses that were organized before our arrival. I feel armed with all kinds of useful info and I certainly move around in the university and Thessaloniki with more confidence now!;)

Anyways, like always, ESN was the most useful part and in the end I went to ask them about some stuff and they were nice and helpful:)

Now there's a 5-days long weekend ahead of me: Monday and Tuesday I don't have classes and tomorrow is a national holiday. They celebrate the independence of Greece from Turkey.  It was fun on our class today when in the end the teacher asked the others who would take me and Merja home with themselves for the weekend. But nobody volunteered, buhuuu!:P

So, during the weekend I'm planning to be outside a lot because the weather is really nice (reaching 20C), probably going to a party-thing tonight, maybe going on a bike trip on Sunday (depends on who else is coming), meeting with Iliana, the Greek girl who was in Jyväskylä last year, and probably working out answers because next Friday I have my life's first mid-term exam! We got the questions(!!), 4 of them, out of which 2 will be asked on the exam. We should bring the short stories with us that we have dealt with and we can and should write the outline of our answers into the booklet...sounds fucked-up but fine by me!:)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti